Palau’s first tourist office was established in 1972 under the Economic Development Office of the Trust Territory Government called Palau Tourism Commission. The Tourism Re-Organization Act of 1982 under Palau Public Law 1-49, ended the Tourism Commission and established the Palau Visitors Authority (PVA).
PVA is a semi-autonomous body created by law to promote and encourage the development and marketing of tourism as one of the primary economic sectors of the Republic.
PVA is composed of seven members of the board, appointed by the President, with consent of the Senate. Its primary responsibility is to develop policies and guidelines as a basis for PVA’s operational and marketing direction; it directs policies and work activities of the Authority through the Managing Director, who in turn directs the day to day activities of the organization.
The Board has another key responsibility in that it recommends to the President and the Congress passages of legislation pertaining to tourism. The PVA acts as a liaison between the tourism industry and the community, particularly the states, in accessing and encouraging the establishment of potential tourist sites and suitable activities for the purpose of spreading tourist traffic throughout Palau.
PVA is responsible for generating awareness about tourism to all segments of the community in Palau to ensure that the Palauan people understand what tourism is about, what it does, and how it effects our island nation.
Palau Visitors Authority Associates. Management and Overseas Representatives
Mailing Address and Telephone:
P.O. Box 256, Koror, Republic of Palau 96940
Tel: (680) 488-2793/1930
Fax: (680) 488-1453
General E-mail Address: email@example.com
Palau Visitors Authority Board of Directors, Operations and Associates
Board of Directors
Mr. Ngiraibelas Tmetuchl
Mr. Olkeriil Kazuo
Ms. Yumie Morishita
Mr. Joe Tutii Chilton
Mr. Ngelechel Etpison
Mr. Alan T. Marbou