Alii & Welcome to Palau!
Thank you for visiting. While you are here, we want you to have an enjoyable time visiting our spectacular islands. For generations the Palauan people have taken great care of the wonder that you see around you. We hope that you will help us continue to do so today. By being a responsible visitor, you become a partner in our community efforts to conserve and protect Palau’s rich biodiversity, and natural heritage. Please follow the tips below to ensure that Palau continues to be “Pristine Paradise.Palau”.
PLEASE PRACTICE RESPONSIBLE TOURISM
Learn about Palau and our culture
- Take a few minutes to learn about our rich culture & traditions.
- Dress and behave appropriately in villages, religious and cultural areas.
- Respect personal boundaries. Do not enter private properties. Take care of our environment
- Dispose of rubbish properly, recycle where possible.
- Mindful use of resources: minimize water and energy usage.
- Apply the 4 Rs: Reduce, reuse, recycle, and refuse (i.e., plastic. Protect wildlife)
- Do not touch, handle, stand on any species from the reef, including corals and other marine species such as turtles, clams, sharks, etc.
- Do not hunt, buy or eat endangered species and feed or disturb wildlife. Support local initiatives
- Purchase local products, arts and crafts, but not products from endangered species such as turtles, clams and corals.
Thank you for guaranteeing that your visit is a positive experience for both you and the people of Palau.
The Palau Responsible Tourism campaign benefits from the support of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation with the website address, www.fpa2.com and the Marsila Foundation via the Global Greengrants Fund.